Living Life in the DR

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Adoration

 



"Let us spread our adoration over all the day, till from the moment when we open our eyes till we close them again at night, we shall be practically worshiping the Lord." ~ Charles Spurgeon

I'm currently reading Adore by Sara Hagerty. In the book, she talks about desiring an authentic, intimate relationship with God amidst the mundane, amidst the demands, heartaches, and unknowns of life. Adoration of God, she reminds us, begins in the everyday moments of life. She states "The mind that anticipates perfect conditions in advance of the perfect encounter of God will either miss the everyday opportunity to interact with Him or will subtly create a dynamic with God where we come clean, and He meets us at our best. The aromatic candle dusted coffee table, and glorious sunset as a backdrop is a gift, but rare if we expect to encounter God in our middle minutes. Adoration happens best in the mess."


    The book focuses on 30 attributes of God: attributes that we know to be true of God but often fail to live out in the middle minutes of life. It's in those middle minutes, in the mess of life, that the Lord desires to engage with us. 


One attribute that has captured my heart recently is that He is The God Who Sees. Proverbs 15:3 says, "The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good."


In the midst of a year of unknowns, we serve the God Who Sees. As a ministry, He saw us as we fought to have our kids back in school. He saw us as we worked to comply with the rules and regulations to open the school back up. As a family, he saw us as we continued to mesh two families and cultures into one. He saw us as we worked toward visas for the boys and were denied. He saw me, as a mother of five, feeling tired and defeated most days. 


We serve a God who meets us where we are at. He's ready to meet us right where we are at. "You have searched me, Lord and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.

You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain." ~Pslam 139


In the middle minutes of the day: when we find ourselves washing dishes for the eighth time that day, punching the clock, or running kids to sports events: let us adore the God who sees us. When we feel like we can't get out of bed, failed our family for the millionth time that day, or are feeling the heavyweight of decisions waiting to be made, let us keep our eyes fixed on Him! He sees us. He's the only one who truly knows us: every thought, tear, heartache, celebration. We can adore the one true God who truly loves us beyond our comprehension. Lean into Him today and allow Him to meet you where you're at. He sees you!








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig