Living Life in the DR

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

It's Been 5 Years!


"This was not the storyline I had written out for my life. In fact, it's exactly what I had prayed against!"

So many emotions run through my head when I look at this picture. Five years ago, we were closing a big chapter of our lives and heading off to a new one - a chapter I wasn't so sure about. This was not the storyline I had written out for our life. In fact, it's exactly what I had prayed against. But as I remember feeling paralyzed and fearful about our next venture, the Lord gave me the image of Him going before us. As we stepped onto the plane, He was already there. As we set foot in the Dominican Republic, He was there waiting.

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Deuteronomy 31:8.

Those words have brought me such comfort over the last five years. We've had many tears and days of wanting to throw in the towel, but through it all, the Lord has been faithful: even when my faith was weak. I'm so grateful that we serve a BIG God. A God who loves us enough to not leave us as we are. He loves us enough to pull us out of our comfort zone, to shape us and mold us to be more Christlike. If we hadn't been faithful to the calling of this next step, we would have missed out on the growth the Lord has produced in our lives (not to mention two boys that have joined our family) While this isn't the storyline I would have written, I'm so thankful that I'm not the author of my life! We serve a big God and I'm excited to see what the next 5 years hold!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig